Top 5 Kid Friendly Trails
- Oak Openings Preserve Metropark: Mallard Lake Loop, .5 miles round trip. This trail offers an observation deck, bridges and views of a waterfall to keep little ones engaged in nature.
- Cannonball Prairie Metropark: Leopard Frog Trail, .71 miles round trip. Walk or bike this trail around the pond and look for frogs and birds.
- Wiregrass Metropark: Wiregrass loop trail, .5 miles round trip. Waves of fun! Several stops with ledges to view the Lake and opportunities to fish. Look for dragonflies, damselflies and turtles too.
- Wildwood Preserve Metropark: Wildwood Ridge Trail, .8 miles round trip. Scenic bluff trail overlooking the Ottawa River floodplain with small hills, turns and lots of interesting plants to look at.
- Pearson Metropark: Wood Thrush Trail, 1.3 miles round trip. Large trees excite the imagination on this wooded Black Swamp trail.