Bike Fixit Stations At Five Metroparks Locations
Self-service bicycle repair stations are available in five locations in the Metroparks, courtesy of local bicycle organizations.
Each Fixit station, manufactured by Dero, includes all the tools necessary to perform basic bike repairs and maintenance, from changing a flat to adjusting brakes and derailleurs. The tools and air pump are securely attached to the stand with stainless steel cables and tamper-proof fasteners. Hanging the bike from the hanger arms allows the pedals and wheels to spin freely while making adjustments.
- McCord Road parking lot at the University/Parks Trail in Sylvania
- Silver Lake area at Side Cut Metropark in Maumee
- Towpath trailhead at the boat launch entrance to Farnsworth Metropark in Waterville
- Keener Road Park along the Wabash Cannonball Trail in Monclova Township
- Fallen Timbers Battlefield
Resources for Cyclists
Each station has a QR code that links to http://www.dero.com/bike-repair/, where cyclists can view short videos about bicycle repairs.
- We Are Traffic
- Toledo Area Bicyclists
- Maumee Valley Wheelmen
- Team Toledo Triathlon Club
- Maumee Valley Adventurers
Metroparks of the Toledo Area is managing partner in the University/Parks Trail, from the University of Toledo to King Road in Sylvania; and the Wabash Cannonball Trail, from Maumee to Oak Openings and Whitehouse. The park district also owns the Towpath Trail from Waterville to Providence Township and is a partner in the Oregon Parks Trail from Pearson Metropark to Maumee Bay State Park as well as the developing Chessie Circle Trail in T