Toledo Botanical Garden
Gardens, art, learning blend beautifully at TBG.
A museum for plants, Toledo Botanical Garden offers visitors the opportunity to share, discover and enjoy cultivated beauty.
With more than 60 acres of display gardens and relevant plant collections, TBG is a place of tranquility and opportunities for exploration and reflection. It is also a center for the arts and neighbor to two Toledo Public Schools -- Hawkins STEM Academy and Natural Sciences Technology Center -- creating a campus for horticulture, art and education.
Green thumbs come to the Garden to learn more about the varieties of annuals and perennials nestled within the various beds and look for ways to incorporate new ideas into their home landscapes.
The Doneghy Inclusive Garden is an accessible, sensory experience of sights, sounds, tastes and textures.
Art lovers are inspired by the Artisan Village, the region's largest public collection of sculptures located throughout the Garden, and the annual Crosby Festival of the Arts. Music enthusiasts groove to the smooth sounds of local jazz performers during a summer concert series.
The Secret Forest, an engaging children's playscape, immerses young visitors in nature and adventure.
Dogs are not permitted at Toledo Botanical Garden.
Toledo Botanical Garden Artisan Village
What's In Bloom (early to mid-June)
- Ornamental Onion (Allium giganteum) near the Secret Forest.
- Jack-in-the-Pulpit (Arisaema triphyllum) in the Woodland Garden.
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) in the Herb Garden.
- Chives (Allium schoenoprasum) in the Herb Garden.
- Fringe Tree (Chionanthus virginicus) in the Artists Village.
- Peonies (Paeonia cv.) in the Artists Village & Color Garden.
- Siberian Iris (Iris sibirica) in the Artists Village & Color Garden.
- Arkansas Blue Star (Amsonia hubrichtii) in the Artists Village and Color Garden.
- Colewort (Crambe cordifolia) in the Color Garden.
- Sea Thrift (Armeria maritima) in the Color Garden.
- Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea) in the Cottage Garden.
- Larkspurs (Delphinium cv.) in the Cottage Garden.
- False Indigo (Baptisia cv.) in the Cottage Garden.
Updated: June 2, 2021