In his first 15 days of the Trail Challenge, Mike logged 122 miles, so his goal of 150 miles in 30 days is well within sight. In that time, he has also met new walking companions and discovered new parks and trails.
Take the Trail Challenge
Set a Goal and Hit the Trail
Join the trail Challenge! The new season of the Metroparks Trail Challenge season will have added meaning this year. Trail Challenge - The Wellness Year highlights wellness and joy – two things that are especially important right now.
Sign up, set a goal and hit the trails for your health and well being, while making friends and memories along the way. Everyone enrolled in the Challenge is invited to participate in a Facebook group to share photos, experiences and words of encouragement to others. As always, ALL miles count toward your goal, regardless of where you choose to recreate – miles in a Metropark, in your neighborhood, a City Park, on vacation or anywhere outdoors that you are purposefully accumulating miles.
- Registration Fee: $20
- Runs: June 6, 2020 to June 4, 2021
- Set your goal(s)
Get Outside Yourself! Reward Levels:
- Platinum = 2,000 points
- Gold = 1,000 points
- Silver = 500 points
- Bronze = 250 points
How to earn Points:
- Hiking, walking, running, biking 1 mile = 1 point
- 1 hour paddling = 3 points
- Attend a Metroparks program = 25 points
- Visit all 19 Metroparks = 50 points
- All trails in one Metropark = 25 points
- New to you trail = 10 points
- Get Grounded in Nature = 10 points
- Metroparks Membership (new or renew) = 50 points
- Click Here to register online
Trail Challengers Receive:
- Reward for level completed (prizes to be determined)
- Entry into private Trail Challenge Facebook group
- Invitations to special trail hikes, paddle, bike rides, events, special programming, support, etc.
- Tracking form (will be available to download on June 10, 2020)
Get Outside and Be Well!
Email your completed tracking form to email@example.com