In his first 15 days of the Trail Challenge, Mike logged 122 miles, so his goal of 150 miles in 30 days is well within sight. In that time, he has also met new walking companions and discovered new parks and trails.
Take the Trail Challenge
Set a Goal and Hit the Trail
Join the Metroparks Trail Challenge! Sign up, set a goal, and hit the trails for your health and wellbeing, while making friends and memories along the way. Everyone enrolled in the Trail Challenge is invited to participate in a Facebook group to share photos, experiences and words of encouragement to others. As always, ALL miles count toward your goal, regardless of where you choose to recreate – miles in a Metropark, in your neighborhood, a City Park, on vacation or anywhere outdoors that you are purposefully accumulating miles.
Download the 2021-2022 Flyer [PDF]
Trail Challengers receive:
- Eco-friendly stainless steel water bottle
- Metroparks Toledo Trail Challenge sticker
- Opportunity to earn hiking, biking, park stickers and invitations to earn special stickers
- Entry into private Trail Challenge Facebook group
Get Outside Yourself
- Registration Fee: $20 [Register]
- Runs: June 5, 2021 to June 3, 2022
- Set your goal(s)
How to Earn Stickers:
- Hiking, walking, running 100 miles: One sticker awarded per 100 miles.
- Biking 100 miles: One sticker awarded per 100 miles.
- Park stickers: Hike every trail at a park and receive a sticker for that park. 19 Metroparks.
- Paddling: Available to those with their own canoe, kayak, or stand up paddleboard. Can also rent a kayak or attend a Metroparks *program.
- Tree climbing: Attend a tree climbing *program.
- Archery: Available to those with their own archery equipment. Participants can also rent archery equipment or attend a Metroparks *program.
- Special Stickers: be on the lookout for special stickers available for a limited time!
*Please bring your Trail Challenge water bottle to the rentals or Metroparks program to receive your sticker! All other stickers will be available at the Manor House front desk during regular business hours.
Questions? Contact Ashley Smith at Ashley.Smith@MetroparksToledo.com or 419-265-2920.