Park People: Metroparks Toledo Foundation Board
The founding members of your Metroparks Toledo Foundation Board
Volunteers, Donors and Partners
Meet the founding members of the Metroparks Toledo Foundation Board.
- Joe Napoli - Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club, Toledo Walleye Hockey Club and Hensville
- Richard Hylant (not pictured)- Hylant
- Tom Titus - Titus & Urbanski
- Carrie Alexander
- Patty Jankowski - community volunteer
- Adele Jasion - Gilmore Jasion Mahler, LTD
- Don Rettig (not pictured) - Owens-Corning Foundation
- John Szuch - Signature Bank N.A.
- Dan Anderson - community volunteer
This summer, the Foundation will welcome a new board member, Matt Yarder, vice president of Yarder Manufacturing.
A year and half ago this incredible group of volunteers led the re-launch of the Metroparks Toledo Foundation, a 501c3 organization dedicated to generating private support to further the mission of our Metroparks. The Foundation Board strives to connect people’s passion for the Metroparks to the impact that their support can have on our park system and our broader community. Each board member brings a different talent, focus and personal passion for what we do. When combined, these talents result in a powerful team of park ambassadors!
In the last 18 months, the Foundation and its supporters have:
- Helped send over 600 kids to summer camp through Connections Camp
- Led a $1.5 million campaign for the country’s largest public Treehouse Village in Oak Openings
- Grown a strong and vibrant Metroparks Membership program
“I will be forever thankful for the experiences and memories in our Metroparks,” said Joe Napoli, chairman of the Foundation Board. “The chance to be a steward of the Metroparks Foundation is a gift. I just hope I can make a difference in some small way.”
With more than 2,500 Metroparks Members and hundreds of other individual and corporate supporters, Metroparks is grateful for the leadership of this group and can’t wait to see what is next from this dynamic team!